Thursday, June 17, 2004

Times Online - Director Wayne Cramer on the Cooler

South African Director Wayne Cramer on his new movie the Cooler, starring Alec Baldwin, Maria Bello and William H Macy. Cramer says "I first came to work in the United States in 1986 after I'd finished national service in the South African military. There were no opportunities in South Africa at the time. No one was interested in my scripts, or even in hiring me as a production assistant.

I think I always knew that I was going to have to leave and go to America to get started - once I'd cracked the US, I would be in a good position to be successful in the rest of the world. I told myself that I had to start at the top. It took a long time, but it was the right strategy for me.
"


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home