Monday, October 18, 2004

Marilyn Manson to appear in Wonderland

Shock rocker Marilyn Manson will appear with Daryl Hannah in a remake of Alice In Wonderland in a particularly bizarre role, reports MTV.com.

The classic renamed Living in Neon Dreams stars Manson as the Queen of Hearts.

The cast includes Canadian actress A.J. Cook as Alice along with Nia Vardalos, Alan Cumming and Jonathan Pryce. Shooting is scheduled to begin this month in Cape Town, South Africa.

I'm not just playing a drag queen, I'm playing a woman, Manson told MTV. There's a big difference, and there's more work to do on that. So I'm studying early Joan Crawford, and I've been kind of watching the lady at home, picking up some characteristics. She can teach me how to put my stockings on straight, though I think I've already mastered that.