The Alter-Cine Foundation was created in the memory of Canadian filmmaker, Yvan Patry, who passed away on October 14, 1999. The Foundation offers a yearly grant to young film and video makers from Africa, Asia and Latin America to enable them to study or complete training in cinema, or to direct a documentary film on the theme of rights and freedoms, including social and economic rights, women’s rights, the right to culture, art and artistic creation.
news and reviews of south african film
- Call for applications to the HIVOS/Sithengi Film F...
- Documentary funding (DCF) picthing report back
- Blood on a Red Dust Floor
- Murmur: Desire, Sperm Deprivation, True Love
- South Africa and Brazil get into Step
- SABC to license short films
- Kae-Kazim on what SouthAfrica can learn from Niger...
- Nigerians mean business
- Sithengi strives for a Cinema Paradiso through Ita...
(Remove the * when emailing)
Syndicate Kwailawai*Get the kwailawai* feed
Links to other sites
Mhambi- culture and politics from an SA perspective
More blogs about Film.
Sunday, February 27, 2005
Kwailawai* is a VVG production. Aluta continua!